- Must be able to read, understand and provide written informed consent on the
Institutional Review Board (IRB) approved Informed Consent Form (ICF).
- Ability to understand and provide written authorization for use and disclosure of
personal health information.
- Subject who are able and willing to comply with the study protocol and follow-up
- Must be 18 years or older to participate.
- Subjects must have medial knee disease in the affected knee compliant with the
FDA-approved indications for use of MOTO MedialÂ® UKA.
- Must have had no prior arthroplasty to the medial compartment of the study knee.
- Subjects must be able to return for the follow-up appointments, and have the
mental capacity to cooperate and complete Patient Reported Outcome
questionnaires, physical exam and radiographs.
- Knee ligament instability (deficiency of cruciate or collateral ligaments)
- Inflammatory Arthritis
- History of prior knee infection
- History of Alcoholism or Drug Abuse
- Currently on chemotherapy or radiation therapy for neoplastic disease. Medacta
MOTO MedialÂ® Version 1 Confidential Page 9 of 36 June 5, 2017
- Currently on immunosuppressive medications including steroids
- History of known sensitivity or allergy to materials used in orthopedic implants,
specifically Titanium and Cobalt-Chrome alloys
- Habitual use of narcotic pain medications prior to surgery (more than 3 doses or
pills per week)
- History of metabolic disorder affecting the skeletal system other than
osteoarthritis or osteoporosis (e.g., Osteomalacia, Ricketts)
- History of chronic pain issues for reasons other than knee pain.
- Women who are pregnant.
- Psychiatric illness
- Any patient, in the opinion of the investigator, is unable to fully comply with
the surgical, rehabilitation, or follow-up aspects of this procedure.
- Prior joint arthroplasty on the target knee, including prior medial UKA
(revision), lateral UKA, or Patellofemoral Joint
- Prior high tibial osteotomy (HTO).