- Male or female subjects â‰¥22 years of age and â‰¤65 years of age.
- Treatment area skin fold thickness > 1cm (measured by caliper).
- Dissatisfaction with the treatment area expressed by the subject as a rating of 0, 1
or 2 using the Subject Self Rating Scale (SSRS) as determined at Screening visit.
- No weight change exceeding 5% of body weight in the preceding month.
- Agreement to maintain his/her weight (i.e., within 5%) by not making any major changes
in diet or exercise routine during the course of the study.
- Subject has signed a written informed consent form
- Body Mass Index â‰¥ 46.2 as determined at screening.
- Excessive skin laxity in the treatment area for which reduction of subcutaneous fat
may, in the opinion of the investigator, result in an unacceptable aesthetic result.
- Prominent platysmal bands at rest which may interfere with assessment of treatment
- Evidence of any cause of enlargement in the treatment area other than localized
subcutaneous fat, such as swollen lymph nodes or ptotic submandibular glands.
- Significant enlargement on the anterior neck that may prevent the proper placement of
the applicator e.g. enlarged thyroid glands.
- Treatment with dermal fillers, chemical peels, radiofrequency or laser procedures that
may affect contour in the treatment area within the past 6 months.
- Botulinum toxin, deoxycholic acid, or other aesthetic drug injections within the
treatment area in the past 6 months.
- History of facial nerve paresis or paralysis (such as Bell's palsy).
- History of a fat reduction procedure (e.g., liposuction, surgery, lipolytic agents,
etc.) or implant in or adjacent to the area of intended treatment.
- History of prior neck surgery, or prior surgery in the area of intended treatment.
- Current infection in and adjacent to treatment area.
- Known history of cryoglobulinemia, cold urticaria, cold agglutinin disease or
paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria.
- Known history of Raynaud's disease, or any known condition with a response to cold
exposure that limits blood flow to the skin.
- History of bleeding disorder or is taking any medication that in the investigator's
opinion may increase the subject's risk of bruising.
- Currently taking or has taken diet pills or weight control supplements within the past
- Any dermatological conditions, such as scars in the location of the treatment area
that may interfere with the treatment or evaluation.
- Active implanted device such as a pacemaker, automatic implantable
cardioverter/defibrillator (AICD), drug delivery system, or any other implantable
- Pregnant or intending to become pregnant in the next 6 months.
- Lactating or has been lactating in the past 6 months.
- Unable or unwilling to comply with the study requirements including remaining clean
shaven for all study visits.
- Currently enrolled in a clinical study of an unapproved investigational drug or
- Any other condition or laboratory value that would, in the professional opinion of the
investigator, potentially affect the subject's response or the integrity of the data
or would pose an unacceptable risk to the subject.