At least 18 years old and biologically male
Due to the use of aspirin in this study, women will be excluded from the study due to
potential negative effects it may have on pregnancy
Participants will also be excluded for the following medical reasons:
1. Having an allergy to aspirin, other salicylates, or any other pain reliever/fever
2. Having or recovering from a viral infection such as the chicken pox or flu.
3. Having taken aspirin or another NSAID drug (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
within the last 8 hours or plan to take aspirin or another NSAID drug in the 8 hours
after the end of the study.
4. Having more than three drinks of alcohol in the 8 hours after completion of the study.
5. Having asthma, hay fever, nasal polyps, or chronic respiratory disease.
6. Impaired liver/kidney or impaired cardiovascular circulation (renal vascular disease,
congestive heart failure, volume depletion, major surgery, sepsis or major hemorrhagic
7. Active or severe liver or kidney disease.
8. An ulcer, history of ulcers or are prone to bleeding.
9. A history of blood clotting defects.
10. Severe anemia.
11. Taking any of the following drugs: A blood thinning anticoagulant (e.g. warfarin),
Digoxin, An Angiotensin Converting Enzyme (ACE) Inhibitor, Methotrexate, An oral
glucocorticoid (e.g. hydrocortisone),Valproic Acid, A Selective Serotonin Reuptake
Inhibitor (SSRI; e.g. Prozac; Zoloft)
12. Have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems.
13. Have stomach problems such as heartburn, upset stomach, or stomach pain that does not
go away or reoccurs.
14. Surgery in the last week or will have a surgery in the next week.
15. High blood pressure.
16. Diabetes, gout, or arthritis.
17. Low uric acid or Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency.